Here's a quick post for you... Home-made Milano Cookies!
Here's what you'll need:
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips (for filling)
Preheat Oven: 375 degrees
1. Combine the butter and sugar in the bowl of a mixer, until light and fluffy.
2. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until pale at medium high speed.
3. Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
4. Slowly add the dry into the wet ingredients.
5. Refrigerate dough for at least two hours, or overnight. Then roll into desired thickness (mine are about 1/4 inch) and use cookie cutters to cut into shapes.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes. These cookies don't brown, but you'll be able to look and see they've lightened in color.
7. Let the cookies cook, then melt chocolate, spooning some into the middle of one of the cookies. Place a second cookie on top. Store in an airtight container for up to a week!
*Makes about 3 dozen Milano-Style Cookies