First you're going to want to paint your filters.
We started with the 'painting-them-with-the-paintbrush' method.
Soon we moved to the 'paint-on-the-table-and-wipe-it-with-a-coffee-filter' method. Which also worked.
Then I got smart and put about 15 coffee filters together and painted with a bunch of water and paint.
Soon enough we'd painted dozens! (took about 15 minutes)
After they dried I sort of crumpled them up into a little rosette.
(you'll see how easy that is once you try it)
Then I tied a string around the back of each one, leaving a few inches of room between each rosette.
I decided to hang our garland on a shelf in Zion's room.
I thought it complimented the birds.