First we got started on the Spice Cut-Out Ornaments.
These were so easy, and they smell amazing! Our house has been cinnamon scented for days -not too strong, just the right amount.
Here's how we did it:
1. Measure 1 1/2 cups of cinnamon or whatever other spice you like and pour into a bowl. We used some allspice as well as some ground cloves. This probably isn't the project to use organic spices in, whatever is cheap will work since you need such a large amount.
2. Measure 1 cup of applesauce and mix it in the bowl with the cinnamon until a dough forms.
3. Let your toddlers taste the dough. I'm sure they'll comment on how spicy it is.
4. Do not let you toddlers rub this in their eyes. Trust me on this one :)
5. Roll out the dough to desired thickness and use cookie cutters to cut out shapes. Poke holes for strings to attach if you'll be hanging these.
6. Bake at 200 degrees on a parchment lined baking sheet for about 2 hours or until they're completely dry to the touch.
Have a great time creating. This craft worked well for my toddlers, with minimal stress.
Next post will be on our dried fruit ornaments!
p.s.We were even able to work on this blueberry slab pie while the ornaments were baking!